Monday, December 7, 2015

My Thoughts on Google Analytic.


For the past 3 months that I have been learning about GA, besides the first impressions and struggles to understand what the hell its talking about, I came to have a very unique appreciation for everything I learned about it. Despite the hard times I went through studying from the most basic things to the top hardest ones, I feel like I have achived something that can help me or other people in the future.

At the beginning of the semester, my professor told me that "Google Analytics is like using magic for modern businesses"; I didn't see it first but now I think I understand it. You can see what nobody else can't. Example: A woman who's online site isn't selling as much as she wanted to, doesn't know what she is doing wrong. This could make her think that her product is not good and probably quit. But with GA you can find the sources of the problem, and see that she had a poor landing page. How do we know that? By looking at the Bounce Rate (the amount of users that come to your website and leave right away without visiting other pages of it). These small things can boost up the approach of a company towards its client and make them a returning visitor.

I have practiced GA by connecting this blog to my GA account, and it is very interesting to see and analyze its traffic. The visitors: where are they from? How many and at what times of the day? Their ages and from what devices they are visiting the blog... All the information in one statistical database ready to be used for monetary reasons, or whatever you choose.

After taking the GA test three times (You can take it by creating an account in Google/Partners) and failed (you must get an 80% to be certified), at the fourth try I finally made it with a 91%. So, now I am officially Google Analytics Certified.



It is a sweet prize for so much hours that I put into it, but it is all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment