Monday, December 7, 2015

Intro to HOOTSUITE


After connecting the Weebly website to the Google Analytics account with the purpose to track its movement, now we got to make it move. To be honest, it is a bit annoying to be hopping from social media to social media sharing your website on one at a time. Well, Hootsuite is gonna make it simple for us.

Basically Hootsuite is a free website where you can register and use its tools to publish any type of content in all of your social media pages that you choose, at the same time. When you first register, Hootsuite is gonna guide you through the steps to learn how to use the basic features of it. It will teach you how to connect your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc., to it. (You can only add two social media pages for free. The third one will request you to get Hootsuite PRO for some $$$). Anyways, once you have added them, it will look something like this..




In there you can see, I have chosen to see my current tweets and my Facebook timeline. If you see closely, you will notice I have shared my blog in my last Hootsuite session. I will show you how to do it.
Go to the top where you'll find a small box on the left corner that says "send to...". By passing your mouse on it, a box will drop with the different social media accounts you have your Hootsuite connected to. 




Select which ones you want to share stuff to. After you have selected them, right next to it is gonna be the message box. Type whatever attractive title will bring attention to your content, and at the bottom, add the link of the website you are sharing... in my case, I shared the link of my last blog post.

Click send, and automatically you will see how your content is being shared on your social media timelines... which you can see in the columns of your Hootsuite main page. Pretty easy to use and it really comes in a handy when working on Digital Marketing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment