Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Week 7 - Weebly Experience


If you've ever thought on creating a website but don't know how to start or design it, then you must try weebly.com. Very user-friendly plus it gives you a wide variety of themes and background pictures for the type of environment you want to give to your website.

Last week I began creating my own website. The first step was to create a domain, or in other words create a name or URL. Then, you begin to choose the layout you want with the different options weebly has for you. Mine ended up something like this:



After you have done these two steps, the next one is to construct what goes in it. You notice that in the picture above I added a big "Welcome" and a quote from Lauren Fishburn about marketing. I did all these things by using the Build section. 



Beneath the Basic panel you will also find a Structure panel, which allows you to move things around your page, a Media panel that allows you to add HD videos, audio files, documents, etc. If your page is for business you also have a panel called Commerce. This gives you the option to tag things a product or Google Adsense.

Weebly's main page has a section calles 'Inspiration Center' where it gives you different articles on how to improve your website so you can experiment all of its features as full percent.

Although I am still trying to figure out what is the real purpose of my website, I don't feel in a rush to do so, therefore in the meantime I will keep experimenting with it. Once Im finished, I will connect it with my Google Analytics page so I can track it's movement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment