Monday, September 21, 2015

Week 3 - What Color Is Your Parachute: Chapter 2 (Review)


¨Google Is Your New Resume¨ is the name of the second chapter. My first thought was ¨that sounds pretty cool¨, afterall, Google has an enormous quantity of data that could help employers see me in different ways. But of course, it all depends on the things I have shared on my social media websites.
Can you actually get hired or fired over your Facebook page?

I don`t believe your Facebook page can get you hired, but i do believe it can get you fired. Facebook is a social media page where people share their beliefs, thoughts, emotions, and innumerable videos, pictures, or songs they could feel identified by. Now, the problem comes when the company`s mission or values go against your personal idealism over life itself. To make it more simple, here are some examples.

SWISS WOMAN CAUGHT SURFING ON FACEBOOK WHILE ¨HOME SICK¨ FROM WORK

The woman claimed to be unable to work ¨in front of a computer ¨ but her boss had lost the employer-employee trust needed to make a business relationship work, so she got canned.




NFL CHEERLEADER FIRED OVER PICTURE

Caitilin Davis, a cheerleader for the New England Patriots got fired at age 18 for sharing a picture on Facebook that shows her next to a man who appears to be blacked out from alcohol. The man had his body covered with vulgar graffitis and a quote that said ¨I am a Jew¨. Fired.




WOMAN BLASTS HER BOSS ON FACEBOOK

I think this pretty much says it all...


After reading this chapter, I think I will think twice before using my social media pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment